funsec mailing list archives

Re: Apparently McAfee stepped on their genitals today...

From: Attrition <attrition44 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:51:31 -0500

  Ah yes, this was the day I learned that my ePO server was not
exactly handling the deployment of new DAT files as I had initially
thought...  (You know, in phases -- the first of which being to deploy
DATs into a test group several hours before general release.)  What a
day, endless hours of fun.

  Between this and the fact that McAfee consistently fails to detect
certain malware (A Monkif variant most recently, for example), it's
becoming increasingly difficult to justify staying with them.

Cheers,

-bjl
Ben J. Lindsey
blindsey () forensic nu