funsec mailing list archives

Re: Misleading headline of the week (or month ...)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 04:14:55 +0300

On 5/27/10 5:11 AM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
"First human 'infected with computer virus'"

As the "father of the field" of research (which I'm not, but I like when
people give me the credit for this) I strongly object to your
characterization of this subject matter as misleading!

:)

        Gadi.

However, I wish they would have given more detail on how the thing infected
external systems, and then passed that on to other RFID chips.  (Not saying it
couldn't happen, just would like to know more of the how.  And how not.)  Could
have been a useful news article, rather than simply an attention grabber.

Rob (out of touch with media realities) Slade

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
On the plus side, it won't be long before there's a government
reward for killing him.                          - Dilbert, 20050828
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade

--
Gadi Evron,