funsec mailing list archives

Facebook: infospammers (redux)

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () isc org>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 17:46:12 +0000

my son assures me that he has never told facebook anything about me. yet,
here we are. the other name listed in the "invite" below (Karen Bacich) is
completely unknown to me and we have no published friends in common.

facebook has garnered some good press recently by changing their privacy
options to make them simpler. but, the campaign of infospam continues.

(note that because facebook has so many mail servers, i'm about to switch
from blackholing them by ip address, to blackholing them by domain name.)

re:

--- Begin Message --- From: Facebook <update+il=ifgiz () facebookmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 21:38:43 -0700
=======================================
http://www.facebook.com/r.php?re=d9a9ee5683e5ce7f6256ac91733c86ec&mid=273d201G603c00ddGe608c4G46
=======================================

Hi 'Murphy,

The following person invited you to be their friend on Facebook:

Corey Vixie (Invite sent: May 5, 2010)

Other people who have invited you to join Facebook:

Karen Bacich (Invite sent: Mar 13, 2009)

Facebook is a great place to keep in touch with friends, post photos, videos and create events. But first you need to
join! Sign up today to create a profile and connect with the people you know.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

Already have an account? Add this email address to your account
http://www.facebook.com/n/?merge_accounts.php&e=paul%40redbarn.org&c=c5f2633046576467a721624cb4fea871.

http://www.facebook.com/r.php?re=d9a9ee5683e5ce7f6256ac91733c86ec&mid=273d201G603c00ddGe608c4G46

--- End Message ---