funsec mailing list archives

Kiddie fear-mongering

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:23:52 -0800

Bruce Schneier's Fifth Annual Movie Plot Threat Contest:

"Your task, ye Weavers of Tales, is to create a fable of fairytale
suitable for instilling the appropriate level of fear in children so
they grow up appreciating all the lords do to protect them."

The winner is:

         The Gashlycrumb Terrors, by Laura

         A is for anthrax, deadly and white.
         B is for burglars who break in at night.
         C is for cars that have minds of their own
             and accelerate rapidly in a school zone.
         D is for dynamite lit with a fuse.
         E is for everything we have to lose.
         F is for foreigners, different and strange.
         G is for gangs and the crimes they arrange.
         H is for hand lotion, more than three ounces;
             let's pray some brave agent soon sees it and pounces.
         I is for implants (I'll explain when you're older).
         J is for jokers who only grow bolder.
         K is for kids who aren't afraid
             to play in the park or drink lemonade.
         L is for lead in our toys and our food.
         M is for Mom's cavalier attitude.
         N is for neighbors -- you never can tell:
             is that a book club or terrorist cell?
         O is for ostrich, with head in the sand.
         P is for plots to blow up Disneyland.
         Q is for those who would question authorities.
         R is for radical sects and minorities.
         S is for satanists, who have been seen
             to give children razor blades on Halloween.
         T is for terrorists, by definition.
         U is for uncensored acts of sedition.
         V is for vigilance, our leaders' tool
             for keeping us safe, both at home and at school.
         W is for warnings with colors and levels.
         X is for xraying bags at all revels.
         Y is for you! So don't be a dope.
         Z is for zero tolerance, our finest hope.

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2010/04/fifth_annual_mo.html
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2010/05/fifth_annual_mo_1.html

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
It is a humbling experience knowing that your fate depends on a
vehicle built by the lowest bidder!
                          - Alan B. Shepard, Mercury Astronaut, 1965
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade