funsec mailing list archives

corporate cc 0wned

From: Rick Wesson <rick () support-intelligence com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:37:48 -0700

Just a reminder that it can happen to anyone. We had one of our corporate credit
cards owned this week. We got a call from our bank (BoA) asking why we were
purchasing crystal from London and some other shoes from some place in France.

The bank denied the charges, reversed one and issued me a new card.

There wasn't really any way for me to figure out how they got the information
and the bank got real confused when I asked what IP addresses the transactions
came from. They were unwilling to provide additional information they just
wanted to close card and move on.

-rick