funsec mailing list archives

Re: netiquette argument of the month

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 03:34:53 +0300

On 7/11/10 6:10 AM, der Mouse wrote:
Well, I can't really say you have anyone but yourself to be blamed if
you get blocked for your rudeness.  (That's what assuming everyone
else's software works the way yours does amounts to.  It's also what
burning others' resources (mailbox space, bandwidth, human time) for
your convenience amounts to.)

I don't see it as rudeness (and I'm an expert). I see it as practical
and net-engulfing practice. I am okay with your beliefs going against
the mainstream. All the power to you. But "blocked by zealotness" is a
flag I am willing to carry, my friend. As if anyone will block me for a
common harmless practice they disapprove of, they are rude, and I don't
want them as my friends.
;)

        Gadi.