funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: netiquette argument of the month

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 02:53:53 -0400 (EDT)

Titles are Capitalized everywhere, and I was pretending to be a spoof
government agency.

True - but you also wrote

On a vu que vous avez engage en communications d'affaires seulement
en Anglais.

and

P.P.S. L'Allemand (Der Mouse) n'est JAMAIS OK chez les
Francophones.

which exhibit the same initial caps.

Furthermore, you did not uniformly capitalize the name of the office,
and I also *think* you used the wrong name (the name I recall is the
Office de la Langue Française, though admittedly it's not an office
I've ever had much to do with).

I lived in France for three years, my first real job was with Alcatel
in France.  I'm pretty confident my French is better than yours,
especially since you replied in English.

Quite possibly - but either you're not showing it or this is a
difference between Quebec French and continental French.  (And if we're
throwing around durations, I've lived in Montr{e,é}al since 1980.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org