funsec mailing list archives

We sue fraffly sawrry

From: Ned Fleming <ned () kaw us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:16:15 -0500

From the WSJ's Best of the Web today:

-----

A member of Parliament from Kent, England, "has apologised for being
drunk in the House of Commons and missing a vote on the Budget,"
reports the BBC:

    He added: "I remember someone asking me to vote and not thinking
it was appropriate, given how I was at the time.

    "If I was in the sort of situation generally where I thought I was
drunk I tend to go home.

    "Westminster is a very special situation and all I can say . . .
is given this very embarrassing experience I don't intend to drink at
Westminster again."

His name? Mark Reckless.

-----

What's his middle name? Rash?