funsec mailing list archives

Re: Teens now getting high off 'digital drugs'

From: Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:33:36 -0400

Just say "01001110 01001111"

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On
Behalf Of michael.blanchard () emc com
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 4:21 PM
To: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Teens now getting high off 'digital drugs'

I looked into this a bit over the weekend. It's following in what Robert
Monroe used for his "Hemi-Synch" tapes/cd's of the late 80's to help
achieve astral projection.  I remember making the drive from Boston to
Virginia to pick up his "wave 1: Discovery" from the Monroe Institue back
in 1989 actually.

  After listening to Gates of Hades, Orgasm, and one other I've come to
the conclusion that it's all based upon power of suggestion.  I'd like to
see a study where someone takes the description of Hand of God, or Gates
of Hades but has the test subject listen to one of the supposed calming
ones and I'll bet they have the "fear" type reaction.
  Although, Gates of Hades does have some bursts of this aweful static
like sound that comes up all of the sudden and startles you a bit.

   Tell you what, Isabella Valentine's stuff is better.  At least you have
a nice sensual voice to listen to while she trys to hypnotize you :-)

  Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE Office of
Information Security & Risk Management EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580