funsec mailing list archives

An Ising Model Approach to Malware Epidemiology

From: silky <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:34:32 +1000

Thought funsec may be interested in this ...

http://arxiv.org/abs/1007.4938 - An Ising Model Approach to Malware Epidemiology

Abstract: We introduce an Ising approach to study the spread of
malware. The Ising spins up and down are used to represent two
states--online and offline--of the nodes in the network. Malware is
allowed to propagate amongst online nodes and the rate of propagation
was found to increase with data traffic. For a more efficient network,
the spread of infection is much slower; while for a congested network,
infection spreads quickly.

--
silky

Every morning when I wake up, I experience an exquisite joy — the joy
of being this signature.