funsec mailing list archives

Censorship by DDoS

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 23:06:34 -0800

Not really a new form of hacktivism, but this article does a reasonable job of
explaining the use of hacking by authorities.

http://viettan.org/spip.php?article9749

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
And then we have P. D. Eastman's great tragic classic, `Are You
My Mother?'  Our protagonist struggles greatly with the issues of
his own identity, and the identity of those around him.
Abandoned before birth, alone in a hostile world, his first
independent action almost fatal, he searches desperately,
receiving no help from anyone he encounters.  Eventually his
relationships become completely mechanical.  At the end of the
tale he has accomplished nothing, having returned to precisely
the point at which he started.  And yet there is something
poignant, and, perhaps, even noble, in the dogged determination
captured in the one famous line of the book,
                                      `And the baby bird went *on*.'
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade