funsec mailing list archives

Intel to put A/V vendors out of business?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:40:43 -0800

http://bit.ly/cx3oER

I think I missed something when Intel bought McAfee.

This article gives me the sinking feeling that TPM, or TCPI, or
Palladium, or whatever you want to call it, is coming back for another
try.  (I had a Microsoft shill sing the praises of TPM just the other day,
and I didn't even twig.)

So, if you want to be able to install the software that you want, rather
than what the major vendors tell you to want, better get onto that,
sharpish.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
        If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade