funsec mailing list archives

Re: Firesheep protection?

From: silky <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:03:37 +1100

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &
Hannah <rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:
Working towards some protection (not just against Firesheep, but the real
problem), anyone have comparative advice on the useability/effectiveness of:

HTTPS Everywhere
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/229918/
also at https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

Open Secure
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11358/
also at http://opensecext.blogspot.com

Force-TLS
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12714/
also at http://forcetls.sidstamm.com/

or any other recommendations?

Shouldn't we include a token in the cookie and validate/re-write it
upon each request? Anyone see a problem with this approach?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Shadwell hated all Southeners and, by inference, was standing at
the North Pole.        - `Good Omens,' Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade

--
silky