funsec mailing list archives

Re: Crowdsourcing and gamification

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:00:50 -0400

"You start as a lowly cadet, but as you digitise more readings you get
steadily promoted. The idea of turning an otherwise mundane process
into a game, to give people more of an incentive to do it, has been a
hot trend this year, known as "gameification";
Aren't these Pyramid schemes? Oh wait, they are volunteers....

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &