funsec mailing list archives

Re: Some TSA hacker gonna get a smack-down for that ...

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 08:05:15 -0500

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 06:17:03PM +0000, Drsolly wrote:
I worry about you Americans, really.
[...]
USA deaths from terrorism               - 3,000   per year (worst year
ever, a lot less in other years)

Yes, the per-year average for that last number is about 300 over
the last 10 years; obviously most were in 2001.  So for comparison
purposes, I think 300 is an appropriate number.

Add to this:

USA deaths from infectious disease via hospital  - 70,000 per year
        (e.g. an unrelated disease acquired while there)

I suggest we repurpose all TSA staff: they should be stationed in
hospitals at checkpoints and compelling staff, patients and visitors
to wash their hands as they enter/leave areas.  This would invert
what they're currently doing, which is sexually assaulting multiple
citizens *while wearing the same pair of gloves*, thus actively
assisting the spread of disease.

---rsk