funsec mailing list archives

Re: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested on Swedish warrant

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:04:27 -0500

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 10:42:45 EST, michael.blanchard () emc com said:
Assange is a clear criminal during a time of war to the USA.  He should be
tried and prosecuted as a war criminal an a terrorist....

  Back in the day, he'd be hung from the neck until dead....  We should do
that...

So tell me.. What would you do with Daniel Ellsberg, or Woodward and Bernstein?

(This of course also means you think we'd have been better off if both
"The Pentagon Papers" or "All the President's Men" had never been written, and
we never learned about anything that happened in either book....)

Now the real poser - what if Assange published papers that conclusively
proved who needed to be hung by the neck for releasing Valerie Plame's
identity? :)