funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Zuck" mail?

From: Florian Weimer <fweimer () bfk de>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:07:31 +0000

* security curmudgeon:

I have been using this e-mail address for around 10 years, and I cannot
recall getting a single spam e-mail advertising kiddie-porn sites in that
time.

There has been a redirector-based spam campaign for a Russian-language
site which appeared to host child abuse images.  At least DNS-wise,
the site is still up, so I'd rather not mention the domain name
on-list.  Actually, DNS was and still is hosted in the U.S., so it
likely doesn't fall under the U.S. definition of child pornography.
It is, however, the reason why I use web browsers with image loading
disabled by default.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer () bfk de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99