funsec mailing list archives

Re: Why spam blacklisting isn't going to work anymore ...

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:51:19 -0700

Preaching to the choir about RPZ. Me like very much. Yet another great
addition from the ISC.

Still need IP filtering for connections that don't use the DNS at all,
but RPZ is a great add to the arsenal.

I know I'm topposting, it's for brevity's sake. The problem with MS
Exchange servers is that they typically use the MSDNS in the local AD as
their query host, and that often has an odd forwarder of last resort
chain to some hacked proxy on their firewall that may, or may not, use
BIND forwarders.

I WISH the whole world used BIND (or Nominum). Life would be MUCH
better.