funsec mailing list archives

Social Media: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

From: Chaim Rieger <chaim.rieger () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:31:33 -0700

had to share

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for.
Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e
a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be
happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two
about how to prepare for a real emergency.

A Brief History of Zombies
We’ve all seen at least one movie about flesh-eating zombies taking over
(my personal favorite isResident EvilExternal Web Site Icon.
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120804/>), but where do zombies come from
and why do they love eating brains so much? The word zombie comes from
Haitian and New Orleans voodoo origins. Although its meaning has changed
slightly over the years, it refers to a human corpse mysteriously
reanimated to serve the undead. Through ancient voodoo and folk-lore
traditions, shows like the Walking Dead were born.
<snip>

source and full article
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp