funsec mailing list archives

Re: xkcd on password strength

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:22:04 +0100 (BST)

Also true that brute force attacks, or dictionary attacks, aren't the main
threat.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:

http://xkcd.com/936/

Too true.  Also too bad that so many sites limit you to 14-16 characters ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing
                                                  - Werner von Braun
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade