funsec mailing list archives

Yet another way to lose money gambling ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:06:13 -0700

You can lose money gambling.  The legality of online gambling is questionable.
People can defraud you out of your money with scams like pyramid/pnzi schemes.

But when you get all three ...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/20/news/companies/poker_ponzi/

(I understand that, in the US, there is a specific law simply asserting that stock
markets and financial institutions are not ponzi schemes, since nobody can give a
good definition dividing them from the illegal ones ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
There were two 'Reigns of Terror', if we could but remember and
consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passions, the other in
heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had
lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon a thousand
persons, the other upon a hundred million; but our shudders are
all for the horrors of the momentary Terror, so to speak;
whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe compared
with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty and
heartbreak? A city cemetery could contain the coffins filled by
that brief terror that we have all been so diligently taught to
shiver at and mourn over; but all France could hardly contain the
coffins filled by that older and real Terror -- that unspeakable
bitter and awful Terror which none of us has been taught to see
in its vastness or pity as it deserves.                -  Mark Twain
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade