funsec mailing list archives

Re: Happy Merry.

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 14:36:40 +1300

Jeffrey Walton to me:

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Nick FitzGerald
<nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
Rob Slade wrote:

...  (If not, you can
have a Happy New Year anyway  :-)

Further to Dr Solly's concerns (or is that "issues"?) you're surely
aware that the Chinese New Year is some way off yet and some "New Year"
celebrations/festivals are almost exactly six months off (the Maori New
Year or Matariki, for example).

Would you happen to know when the Pastafarians celebrate New Year? I
would not want to offend them either.

Surely you jest?

If not, then I suspect you have already offended them by "forgetting"
(I'm sure), that -- as everyone knows -- because "Talk Like A Pirate
Day" is the Pastafarian equivalent of Christmas, the Eve of the New
Year (celebrated with a special pasta dish and Burns supper) always
occurs on September 25th, six days after the blessed 19th.

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald