funsec mailing list archives

Re: 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality InAmerica

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:22:06 -0700

The problem is centralization of power, and lack of checks and balances.

The "Progressives", by centralizing power in an elite, set this whole situation up.

The biggest lie in Western Lore is the "philosopher prince". No such person exists, and if they did, they would not
survive the corruption of power.

That is why the US was founded with three coequal branches of limited government.

When the Executive became over powerful, with organizations like the IRS being rule makers, rule enforcers, rule
arbitrators, and the beneficiary of those rules, the wheels started to come off.

The problem we have is the inevitable result of human nature and a lack of checks and balances.

In security, we are well acquainted with the Roman dictum "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?" (Who watches the watchers?)

The problem is, we have created a monster by trying to have a government that keeps us safe and gives us everything.
The government that does those things is the biggest threat you face, and can take all you have.

The rich and powerful are just doing what they always have, seeking more wealth and power. By undermining the basic
form of government that kept them in check, limited and divided, we handed them the means to do so.

Only a return to basic Constitutional principles, and a recognition that the proper role of government is the
enforcement of equality before the law, but not arbitrating outcomes, will solve this.

Otherwise, we're headed for the same fate as Greece (and ultimately the rest of Europe).