funsec mailing list archives

I'm outraged!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 20:27:16 -0800

Keith Lacey, Editor and Website Editor of the Osooyoos Times newspaper, felt
strongly enough about an incident of police harrassment to write an editorial about
it:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GFtUccQK3aMJ:www.osoy
oostimes.com/news/2012/02/08/self-righteous-cops-who-treats-innocent-
taxpayers-like-criminals-is-
unacceptable/+osoyoos+times+keith+lacey+rcmp&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&c
lient=safari

or
http://is.gd/olGtUS

(This is a Google Cache of the page, for reasons which may become clear.)

The RCMP were concerned enough to look into the matter:
http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&contentId=24119

You may have difficulty loading that page.  It seems to have become very
popular.  Just in case you can't get it to load, here is an extract of a salient point
from the posting:

"As the Editor of a local newspaper, your readers must feel it important to know
that when you report something in your paper, it is factual. I imagine your
credibility and that of the Osoyoos Times relies heavily on that.

"Well sir, I'm very pleased to report that there is a video of this incident. The
video was taken from the police car and includes audio of the entire interaction
between you and the police officer. I have just watched the video and observed a
very calm and professional member of the RCMP doing his job."

Shortly after that posting appeared on the RCMP site, attempting to access the
original editorial at
http://www.osoyoostimes.com/news/2012/02/08/self-righteous-cops-who-treats-
innocent-taxpayers-like-criminals-is-unacceptable/
returned 404.

A lot of people, myself included, *really* wanna see that video  :-)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. - Stanislaw Lec
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade