funsec mailing list archives

Re: Kaspersky Duqu research - tech evangelism done right

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:02:48 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 09 Mar 2012 02:48:30 +0200
From:                   Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>

The important aspect of this release is that they present a mystery,
make it a geek puzzle which techies love, and engage with the
community.

"Compiled in a programming language we haven't seen before."

The comments section in their short research blog on the subject is
going crazy with guesses. The community is fully engaged over this
relatively small detail - and Kaspersky is seen as a leader in
innovation and bleeding edge threat detection "from the trenches".

I wonder how many people hav e seen something done in Ada ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
What I see in Nature is a grand design that we can understand
only imperfectly, one with which a responsible person must look
at with humility. This is a genuine religious feeling and has
nothing to do with mysticism.                      - Albert Einstein
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade