funsec mailing list archives

Re: Aliens take over the Internet!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:14:04 -0700

Date sent:              Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:24:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:                   Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

Apparently, I'm an alien. I know this, because I went to America - a
long, long time ago - and I had to stand in a queue marked "Aliens".

In respect of which:

I've taught at NASA and the US military cybercrime command.  As an alien, they
didn't trust me, but they were nice about it.

I taught at a defence contractor.  Their security guy had some of their staff follow
me everywhere.  Even to the bathroom.

They also had a big sign at the front desk saying that absolutely no cameras or
recording devices were allowed on the premises.  I didn't mention the fact that
both laptops I was carrying had Webcams on them.  (I don't happen to have a
phone on my camera, but just about everyone else does.  Nobody was checked for
that ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
  It's one of your many `one weaknesses.'
                                  - Sydney, `Lark Rise to Candleford
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/