funsec mailing list archives

Bar code pimps

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:45:36 -0700

http://apne.ws/GOOpuW

"Spanish police arrested 22 suspected pimps who allegedly used violence to force
women into prostitution and tattooed them with bar codes as a sign of ownership"

I'm sure that all kinds of jokes can be made about this.  At the moment I'm not
feeling very amused.

However, I do think that any sentence handed down should include tattooing.
With QR codes.  Nice and large.  Possibly spelling out "Pimp," "Rapist," or
"Thug."  Or all three.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
 ... Ayn Rand's `Atlas Shrugged,' in which heroic capitalists
struggle against the `moochers' trying to steal their totally
deserved wealth, a struggle the heroes win by withdrawing their
productive effort and giving interminable speeches.
                                                      - Paul Krugman
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade