funsec mailing list archives

Public domain

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:14:42 -0800

Although, as a published author, I should be on the side of copyright etc, for
various reasons I have not been too thrilled by the way intellectual property has
been handled.  The past few months have only intensified by conflicted state.

So, I was definitely in a state of mind to appreciate this story on the joys, and
occasional weirdnesses, of the passing of the works of James Joyce into the public
domain ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/jun/16/bloomsday-fans-james-joyce-scholars

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Ah! When I were lad, we used to 'ave t'wait 40 milliseconds
on noisy channel wi' 'uge 58 volt bits *and* rounded edges
for a network link to come oop--*and* login both ends!
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade