funsec mailing list archives

Re: .secure TLD

From: Stephanie Daugherty <sdaugherty () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 01:41:33 -0400

Haha, yeah.

In all seriousness though, I would be all for it if the technical
requirements were a moving target that follows industry best practice and
competent security recommendations

Update the requirements yearly to be as strict as possible and give at most
1 year to be up to par.

Won't be perfect, but if we .secure can force everyone to cut down their
low hanging fruit once in a while, we'd have some step forward rather than
the feel-good joke of a marketing gimmick it's likely to become.