funsec mailing list archives

Re: "Yahoo" breach

From: Kyle Creyts <kyle.creyts () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:28:02 -0400

neither of my 10 yr old accounts are compromised either.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &
Hannah <rmslade () shaw ca> wrote:

Still very little info on the Yahoo breach (although lots of reports that
it was an
unencrypted password file).

In regard to the reports that this only affected a company Yahoo
purchased, and
subsequently named Yahoo Voice:

I've obtained a copy of the password file.  I've had at least three Yahoo
accounts,
two of them for over ten years.  None of them are in the file.  So,
whatever it is,
it isn't a general file of Yahoo accounts.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
My son is not brilliant; he's not genius. Anyone that has any
computer knowledge could have done what Jeff did. It doesn't take
a level of genius to do this.
  - mother of teen charged with modifying a virus - got *that* right
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade

--