funsec mailing list archives

NYPD & MS launch NYC Big Brother suveillance system

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:03:20 -0700

http://j.mp/Ne0WvC

or

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20120808/TECHNOLOGY/120809887

"The Domain Awareness System, unveiled by the city on Wednesday, will be able
to map suspects' movements and provide NYPD investigators and analysts with
real-time crime alerts.

and:

"As part of the agreement, the city will receive 30% of future revenues on
Microsoft's sales of the system."

(All those who think that we will shortly be able to receive a fair and unbiased
assessment of the capabilities of this system from the first and only user please
contact me.  I have this really sweet deal from some friends in an unnamed west
African country that you might want in on ...)

Which reminds me of the entry I've had in my quotes file for some time:

*Microsoft* is going to write the software that spies on me?  I feel better already.
                             - John D. Goulden

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
It's important to be a go-getter.  But it's even more important
to know what it is you want to go and get.           - Gary Kallback
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade