funsec mailing list archives

Social Behavior of Cancer Cells Leads Experts to Suggest Launching 'Social Networking War' Against Cancer

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:57:20 -0700

"Social Behavior of Cancer Cells Leads Experts to Suggest Launching 'Social
Networking War' Against Cancer"

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/120814110949.htm

Scientists found that, by getting cancer cells to sign on to Tumorbook, the cells
spent a great deal of time asking other cancer cells to "friend" them, and much
less time and effort went into invading and converting normal tissue cells.  When
cancer cells were convinced to run the "Metastasizeville" game app, remission
rates as high as 87% were achieved in controlled studies.

(Yes, of course I'm kidding: this is funsec, after all.  I just thought the headline was
cute.  But the article does have some interesting indications for further research.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
I have no Caps Lock and I must scream ...
    - http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010823&mode=classic
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade