funsec mailing list archives

Re: Gmail Forwarding Logins to YouTube?

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:42:15 -0400

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Nick FitzGerald
<nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
Jeff wrote:

It appears GMail is forwarding logins to YouTube.  ...

That's news?

And it's not so much forwarding as SSO.

<snip>

... and I would like to supress forwarding my credentials
(or obtaining tokens through frameworks such as OAuth).

Is it possible to stop the sharing and leakage?

Simple -- delete your Google account(s) and don't use any of their
services that depend on Google account logins.
I think you are right (i've been in denial for far too long). Arg.....