funsec mailing list archives

Disasters

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:01:30 -0800

Alllow me to use Sandy, and our fortunately displaced earthquake off Haida Gwaii,
to again urge all of you security freaks to get emergency training.

In Canada, just go to your municipal emergency planning department and
volunteer.  You get free training (and can use them for CPEs).  And you get to
help when the next one comes, instead of being one of the people who needs to be
helped.  (And you get your flu shots for free.)

Outside of Canada, best bet is probably the Red Cross or Salvation Army.  Don't
know if they will train you for free, but it'll be worth whatever they charge you,
believe me.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Don't make predictions about computing that can be checked in
your lifetime.                            - Daniel Delbert McCracken
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade