funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sandy and BCP

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:16:18 -0800

To be fair, if you exclude construction in all places that suffer disasters, you can't build anywhere, and most land
will lie fallow.  Meanwhile prices do not take into account significant disaster risk, and insurance may literally not
be available.

Taxes end up being a mechanism by which the resources of a country may still be used despite risk that is on a timeline
greater than the market can comprehend.

Sent from my iPhone