funsec mailing list archives

National Day of Civic Hacking

From: "Marc" <marc () marcd org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:57:49 -0500

By the name, I was thinking it was something different, but it still sounds
interesting . like a hackerspaces focus group.

http://m.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/01/22/roll-your-sleeves-get-involved-and-g
et-civic-hacking

http://hackforchange.org/

National Day of Civic Hacking is a national event that will take place June
1-2, 2013, in cities across the nation. The event will bring together
citizens, software developers, and entrepreneurs from all over the nation to
collaboratively create, build, and invent new solutions using
publicly-released data, code and technology to solve challenges relevant to
our neighborhoods, our cities, our states and our country. National Day of
Civic Hacking will provide citizens an opportunity to do what is most
quintessentially American: roll up our sleeves, get involved and work
together to improve our society.
The event will leverage the expertise and entrepreneurial spirit of those
outside federal, state and local government to drive meaningful,
technology-based solutions for federal, state and local government. It
demonstrates what's possible when we all work together to strengthen our
society and our lives. YOU can make a difference no matter where you live.

Our vision is for the National Day of Civic Hacking to take place in at
least one city in all 50 states and territories. So far, 43 cities in 24
states and 2 territories are participating! If you do not see your city on
the list and are interested in planning or supporting an event, get involved
<http://hackforchange.org/>  today!