funsec mailing list archives

Re: US CERT: Washington, DC Radio Station Web Site Compromises

From: Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:54:47 -0700

I don't recall seeing a US-CERT advisory when a particular website has
been compromised.

I think that it is only "of government interest" because these
particular watering hole attacks used comprised websites in the
Washington, D.C., area which are highly popular with people living in
that area -- namely government employees and government contractors.

See also:

http://www.invincea.com/2013/05/k-i-a-wtop-com-fednewsradio-and-dvorak-blog-site-serving-malware-media-sites-compromised-to-push-fake-av/

- ferg