funsec mailing list archives

Drones and rescue?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:27:34 -0700

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/10187839/Drone-with-mobile-phone-app-that-
lets-you-take-part-to-be-used-in-mountain-rescue.html

Using a smartphone app to let crowdsourcing help out in mountain searches and
rescue.  An intriguing idea, but it will be more interesting to see how it plays out.
During the search for Steve Fossett, it was felt that the crowdsourcing was more of
a hindrance than a help.

(And we all know how useful crowdsourcing is when spreading reports of new
computer viruses.  Good Times for all!)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
     Yesterday, upon the stair/I met a man who was not there
     He was not there again today/I think he's from the NSA ...
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade