funsec mailing list archives

Chain confidentiality

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 09:16:46 -0700

This morning I received a chain letter via email.  It's actually been a while since I
saw one of those old standards.  This one contained one of the maudlin poems,
somewhat more sentimental than most.

But, down at the bottom, after the usual:

"Please do not break this prayer; send it to a friend."

came a slightly unusual ending:

"NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

"This message may contain information that is considered confidential and
which may be prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by
contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
distribution or use of the information contained in or attached to this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
transmission in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email
and then delete it from your system."

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
                 All reports are in.  Life is now officially unfair.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade