funsec mailing list archives

Re: For the CISSPs amongst us ...

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:10:42 -0500

On Nov 27, 2013, at 6:11 PM, Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 05:51:14PM -0500, Conrad Constantine wrote:
Apparently all the talent and funding they have available, isn't
enough for them to manage a simple mailing list by themselves.

The same is sadly true of many organizations: some of them outsource
to Yahoo or Google groups, both of which are extremely poorly designed
and operated, or worse, they outsource to spammers-for-hire.  Few of
them seem to realize that BCP is to run it yourself using Mailman
(or majordomo) on any 'nix box you have laying around.  It's easy,
it's cheap, it's standards-compliant, and if properly configured
(including the MTA) it's highly resistant to abuse.

There are advantages to either I think.  I’m on both, participate on both.  I just prefer things like Mailman :)

--
Joel Esler