funsec mailing list archives

Facebook irony?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:36:12 -0800

Two items showed up in my Twitter feed, one after the other, from BBC news.

First:
Zuckerberg's plan to widen web access
https://twitter.com/BBCTech/status/438092725003771904
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26330023
(BBC video links generally do work pretty much anywhere ...)

Second:
Facebook quietly ends email service
https://twitter.com/BBCTech/status/438092727339999232
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26332191

(Actually, although the headline sounds pretty bad, I agree with the Facebook
decision.  I've always felt that Facebook was a divisive and isolating force within
the Internet, and this is a move in the right direction.  *If* it works as advertised,
people should be able to send a message to rslade () facebook com and have it
actually get to me.  However, test so far is negative ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Dance like nobody's watching. Tweet like it's going into the
Library of Congress forever.
                 - https://twitter.com/kim/status/295813770381504512
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/