funsec mailing list archives

Re: Weather forecasts XOR wind power ...

From: Ned Fleming <ned () kaw us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:57:23 -0500

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:10:37 -0700, "Rob, grandpa of Ryan,
Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca> wrote:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/radar-software-may-fix-weather-forecast-
issues-caused-by-wind-farms-1.2735138

Sorry, but I find this completely predictable.  In fact I strongly suspect a large
scale wind farm would modify the weather, since you are harvesting the energy in
weather systems (albeit relatively close to the ground ...)

Yes, a butterfly in Brazil causes a hurricane in Japan. The
Canadian prime minister flapping his gums in Ottawa causes
temblors in Samoa. These effects are well known.

--
Ned