funsec mailing list archives

Re: Don't mess with Canadians carrying sticks ...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:57:38 -0400

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:02:14 -0400, Jeffrey Walton said:

Politicians are usually corrupt to the core. They are more than happy
to take money and peddle influence. I'd much rather see a politician
killed, and I'm not sure I would bestow honors on someone who stopped
it...

Would you bestow honors on the guys who stopped John Hinkly Jr before he
managed to get another bullet into Reagan?  How about if somebody had
stopped Lee Harvey Oswald or the guys who shot Ghandi and Benazir Bhutto?

Yes, many of them *are* corrupt, but jumping from there to "Every single
one of them is so corrupt that they don't deserve an attempt to stop
an assassination" shows something pretty sad about you.

If nothing else, remember that most of them have families that will grieve.
Those politicians need to lose an election.  Not a life.