funsec mailing list archives

Re: Important Service Announcement

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:49:19 -0800

Well sure, there's a mandate that everyone's email be upgraded to HD by
Jan. 1 2016.

                                BB

On 3/5/15 11:39 AM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah wrote:
Shaw is my ISP, and has got to have one of the worst spam filtering services of
anyone.  I get tons and tons and tons of phishing spam directed at Shaw.

But this one made me laugh out loud because of the way it started out:

Subject:              Important Service Announcement
Date sent:            Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:37:44 -0700 (MST)

Your Email Network is being upgraded to digital.

[...]

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
                          Good, fast, cheap: pick two
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade