funsec mailing list archives

Re: Samsung Smartphone Security Risk

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:45:04 +0000

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/17/technology/samsung-galaxy-hack/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2015/06/17/how-a-keyboard-glitch-left-600-million-samsung-smartphones-at-risk-of-being-hacked/

Pretty cool, saw that the other day :)

But this last paragraph in the Post makes me laugh....

"...For now, users should avoid insecure WiFi networks (but good luck with that)..."
     "good luck with that?  Avoiding insecure WiFi is pretty darned easy to do, and just plain good advise overall....

"....And if all else fails, get a new phone, the security firm said..."
This is their last piece of advise?  Get a new phone?  Seriously this is SO much easier than avoiding insecure WiFi...
LOL...
  I'll be they recommend an iPhone too... because we all know Apple products are SOOOO much more secure than anything
else in the world...  ptttthhhhhh!!!

Mike B