funsec mailing list archives

Verizon: 1.5M of Contact Records Stolen, Now on Sale

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 16:19:05 -0400

http://www.mobipicker.com/verizon-1-5m-contact-records-stolen-now-sale/:

    A business to business telecommunication giant,
    Verizon Enterprise Solutions, a Basking Ridge,
    New Jersey-based company, has been the latest
    victim of a cyber crime that stole 1.5 million contact
    records of the customers of Verizon...

I don't quite understand this double talk. Could someone explain to me:

    A spokesperson from Verizon said that no
    customers were impacted by the breach and
    the cause remains unclear but are already
    notifying the affected enterprise customers.