Honeypots mailing list archives

bashpatch on FreeBSD

From: "Joe McCray" <joemccray () hardestworkingmanonline com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:47:54 -0400

Hey everybody - I've been lurking on the list for a while, and I originally joined because I was going to put up a
honeypot. I decided to go with setting up rootwars.org instead (just put up the site yesterday). I'm finding that I'm
having to do a lot of reading on honeypot docs just to track what people are doing in my rootwars. I've been using the
bash shell patch, ethereal, and remote syslog for the games so far.

The bash2.03 patch works great for me on linux boxes, but didn't work for me on some FreeBSD boxes that I set up last
night. The patch actually failed. I found another patch called honeypot_bashpatch2 and it patched successfully - the
bash2.03 shell works great, but failed to log all commands like the other patch does. Any ideas?

Joe McCray
www.rootwars.org

Sent via hardestworkingmanonline.com