Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Does it really take so long to get a bite?

From: TageTora <tagetora () navegalia com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:10:34 +0000

Brian Hatch wrote:

My vulnerable '1.5-years-without-a-breakin' sparc machine was on a campus
network.  The x86 honeypot one ip address away was getting rooted routinely.

I have two honeypots with one ip address away (systems are Win2000
Server SP3 and Debian 3.0r0), and this make me think about the fake
contents of the honeypots (i.e. webserver contents) what can attract
intruders to one or other system. Which contents are more susceptible to
be hacked? In a campus network, maybe a fake qualification DB Server?

Regards

Tora
HIS Project
http://his.sourceforge.net