Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Data Capture and Data Control

From: "Gonzalez, Albert" <albert.gonzalez () eds com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:48:30 -0500

        If i read this right, you're seeing scans from _YOUR_
honeypots, correct? Are you generating traffic from your honeypots?
I've seen this when attempting to download various packages
and when I hit a website, all those packets.. spp_portscan2 will
see them as a portscan orignating from my honeypots. Like Rob Stated,
a pcap or ascii dump of the packets/alerts would be helpful.

 Cheers,
 Alberto Gonzalez