Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Attack Paradigm Shift?

From: Andrew.Patrick () kemperinsurance com
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 14:05:21 -0500

"targeted attacks against its customer base last year reached 40 percent
[of total
attacks], far above the expected 15 percent."

I would be extremely curious regarding exactly what they mean by
"targeted"....

I get pummelled by all manner of attacks every day, how can I be certain
whether these are "targeted" or not??

Andy Patrick
KTS Security & Contingency Planning
x3621

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. This
communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender or, the sender's employer, or the
employer's parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries.